No casualties as blast rocks Kabul
KABUL (Pajhwok): A landmine blast blew out window glasses of several houses in the 5th district of the central capital Kabul, but caused no casualties, police said on Thursday.
An investigation has been launched into the blast that occurred around 6:30pm in the Nawabad area, Kabul police spokesman Hashmat Stanikzai told Pajhwok Afghan News.
A Ministry of Interior spokesman Farooq Mangal told Pajhwok the explosive had been planted in front of a military general Tajuddin. He also said there were no casualties as a result of the explosion.
Earlier, an eyewitness Abdul Jabbar told Pajhwok that it was a powerful blast, which was followed by gunfire.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.