NSC sees foreign hand behind hotel attack
KABUL (Pajhwok): The deadly attack on Serena hotel, which left nine civilians dead, was planned outside the country, the National Security Council (NSC) alleged on Sunday.
Afghan journalist Sardar Ahmad, his spouse, two of their children, another Afghan, two Canadians, an American and a Paraguayan were among the victims of Thursday’s assault.
Chaired by President Hamid Karzai, the NSC said a Pakistani diplomat had been seen making a video of the hotel’s corridors before the attack -- the handiwork of foreign intelligence networks.
A statement from Karzai’s office said: “Witness accounts and initial investigations show that this terrorist attack was directly executed or carried out by foreign intelligence services outside the country.”
According to National Directorate of Security’s information, the Pakistani diplomat, after entering the hotel to use its sport club, filmed Serena corridors. The council said hotel staff had objected to the filming.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.