Only attacker killed in Kandahar car blast
KANDAHAR CITY (Pajhwok): A suicide bomber in a car targeted a passing convoy of foreign troops in the Spin Boldak border town in southern Kandahar province on Thursday, killing only himself, an official said.
No one else got hurt in the blast that occurred in the district’s bazaar in the afternoon, Kandahar police spokesman Zia Durrani told Pajhwok Afghan News.
He said the attack did not cause casualties because the ISAF convoy had already passed the area when it occurred.
Deputy interior minister Mohammad Ayub Salangi wrote on his twitter account that only the attacker was killed in the blast and there were no other casualties.
A shopkeeper in the bazaar, Samiullah, said the blast occurred soon after the ISAF convoy passed off the area.
Elsewhere in the district, a roadside bomb ripped through a border police vehicle in the Lakari area, killing one border guard and injuring three others on Thursday.
A border police spokesman Abdullah Gul said the police were on a patrol when came under attack. He confirmed the casualties.
The Taliban have claimed credit both the attacks, with the group’s spokesman Qari Yousaf Ahmadi saying the suicide car bombing was carried out by one of their fighters, Mohammad Shakir, killing and wounding a number of foreign troops.
He said a border police commander named Amir Hamza was killed along with a bodyguard in the roadside bombing.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.