18 wounded in Nangarhar shooting
JALALABAD (Pajhwok): At least 18 civilians were injured after being caught in crossfire between Afghan National Army (ANA) troops and militants in eastern Nangarhar province on Monday afternoon, an official said.
The clash erupted after militants attacked a convoy of the personnel from the ANA Special Forces Unit in the Marko area of Ghanikhel district, said the governor’s spokesman.
Ahmad Zia Abdulzai told Pajhwok Afghan News more than 10 injured people had been taken to the district hospital. However, he could not confirm which party caused the injuries to civilians.
Dr. Gul Rehman, in charge of the hospital, said they had received 18 injured people -- all civilians.
An eyewitness said a bomb blast also occurred during the firefight.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.