Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

380 injured in Sangin receive better care: Dalil

380 injured in Sangin receive better care: Dalil

By
On
Jul 03, 2014 - 18:07

LASHKARGAH (Pajhwok): Public Healthinfo-icon Minister Dr. Suraya Dalil on Thursday visited victims of the clashes in Sangin district being treated at the civil hospital in Lashkargah, the capital of southern Helmand province.

She said about 380 people injured during the clashes had been delivered to hospitals across Helmand from Sangin district. All available resources were being utilised to facilitate the injured, she told reporters in Lashkargah.

However, the minister did not specifically mention the number of civilians and security personnel hospitalised with injuries, but said they included 61 womeninfo-icon and 27 children.

Dalil said her ministry dispatched medicine, an inspection team and other resources to Helmand soon after the clashes began.

She said some of the injured who included women and children had lost their limbs. “All health facilities in Helmand are open day night and doctors there are available around the clock,” she said.

Governor Mohammad Naeem urged the public health minister to make efforts at establishing a 250-bed hospital in Helmand.

He said his administration had devoted 120 acres of land for the proposed hospital in order it could be equipped with all standard facilities.

Helmand public health director Inayatullah Ghafari said they had set up 38 clinics and made available six ambulances in various areas in the service of victims of the Sangin clashes.

The clashes in Sangin began about 13 days ago and have so far displaced thousands of families, who lead a miserable life away from their homes.

The governor’s spokesman, Omar Zwak, said clashes were still ongoing in Sangin’s Nasizo and Kotizao areas of Sharwan Qala and some other parts. He said the rebels had lost courage and were fleeing.

The provincial police chief had said landmines planted by the Talibaninfo-icon prevented security forces from advancing.

Brig. Gen. Abdul Qayum Baqizoy said the Taliban had stopped resisting, but skirmishes in some areas were still ongoing.

ma

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Twitter Update