Would-be suicide bombers killed in Zabul
QALAT (Pajhwok): Three suspected suicide bombers were killed during a police raid in the Shar-i-Safa district of southern Zabul province on Monday, an official said.
Following a tip-off, the attackers were traced on their way from Zabul to Kandahar, police chief Brig. Gen. Ghulam Sakhi Rogh Lewanai told Pajhwok Afghan News.
Deputy Interior Minister Gen. Ayub Salangi confirmed the killing, saying one of the attackers had been wounded after putting up resistance. The militants have not yet commented on the incident.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.