Sangin fighting has claimed 900 lives: Governor (Video)
LASHKARGAH (Pajhwok): Fighting in the Sangin district of southern Helmand province has so far claimed 900 lives, leaving over a thousand others injured, officials said on Monday.
Governor Muhammad Naeem said though most of attacking militants had either been killed or forced into beating a retreat, yet isolated clashes were ongoing in the district.
Addressing a joint press conference with security officers, Naeem revealed the militants were planning attacks on Khanshin district. He said 400 militants, 270 security personnel and 230 civilians were among the Sangin fatalities.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.