5 die after consuming poisonous alcohol (Video)
KABUL, Dec 24, 2011: Five people have died and 16 others are in hospital after consuming poisonous alcohol at an engagement ceremony in Kabul, doctors said. But relatives insisted the deaths occurred due to food poisoning.
The overnight incident took place in a house in the Qabil Bai area of the 9th police district in Kabul, witnesses said. About 26 youth were found poisoned in a room and shifted to hospital, a participant of the engagement ceremony said.
Asadullah told Pajhwok Afghan News six of the victims were taken to Pakistan after doctors found in critical condition.
"My younger brother breathed his last at the Torkham border crossing," said Ahmadzai, the elder brother of the fiancé, Mohammad Salim.
PAJHWOK/ Ataullah Khpelwak