1 released of 30 kidnapped Zabul passengers
QALAT (Pajhwok): Officials in southern Zabul said that only one individual among 30 passengers kidnapped by unidentified gunmen was released on Wednesday.
A day earlier, gunmen abducted 30 passengers from a 303 model bus on Kabul-Kandahar Highway in Shajoi district of Zabul.
Local officials had said that the kidnapped passengers were refugees who returned from neighboring Iran.
Mohammadullah, the district chief, told Pajhwok Afghan News that one of the kidnapped man had been released who was the resident of Maidan Wardak province.
The man said that the kidnappers had kept them in Khak Afghan district. Police chief Mohammad Ullah said local elders were holding negotiations with militants to ensure early release of rests of captives.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.