Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

10 rebels dead as anti-militants operations underway

10 rebels dead as anti-militants operations underway

Jan 10, 2015 - 19:33

JALALABAD/MAZAR-I-SHARIF/ KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): At least ten militants have been killed and 18 others wounded during clearing operation on the outskirts of Pachiragam district in eastern Nangarhar province, an official said Saturday.

Ahmad Zia Abdulzai, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News at least 13 armed men and 32 others suspects were arrested during the operation late Friday.

Talibaninfo-icon in a statement claimed foreign and Afghan security forces were conducting operation in Pachiragam district against civilian. The insurgent group claimed several civilians had been detained by the security forces.

Separately, the National Directorate of Security (NDSinfo-icon) claimed arresting would-be suicide bomber and a recovering huge arms cache in central Logar and southeastern Paktia provinces.

Abdullah, known as Ali, was planning to carry out a suicide attack in Gardez, the provincial capital, had been detained with explosive-laden car, the NDS said.

The spy network claimed recovering explosives including 25 mortars and rockets in Mohammad Agha district of Logar province.

Elsewhere, security officials of northern Balkh province said a gigantic anti-insurgents offensive would be initiated in nine northern provinces to improve the security situations.

Deputy police chief Col. Abdul Razzaq Qadari told reporters that the offensives aimed at smashing foreign and local fighters’ hideouts.

He said the offensive had been planned by the Afghan security officials without the cooperation of foreign troops.





Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.



Twitter Update