15 rebels dead in fresh bout of violence
KUNDUZ CITY/MAIDAN SHAHR/QALAT (Pajhwok): Fifteen militants have been killed and 22 others wounded in clashes with security forces in different parts of the country, officials said on Monday.
Eleven insurgents have been killed and 19 others wounded in the past 24 hours in the Imam Sahib district of northern Kunduz province, the town’s administrative chief said.
Imamuddin Qureshi said dreaded Taliban commanders Mohammad Issa and Ahmad were among the wounded rebels. He said security forces remained unhurt in the offensive.
But Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid claimed 11 security officials were killed eight others wounded in firefight. He also confirmed casualties suffered by militants but did not give exact figure.
Elsewhere, two militants were killed and three others wounded during Afghan National Army (ANA) operation in the Shajoi district of southern Zabul province, Abdul Khali, the district administrative chief Abdul, said.
Security officials, he said recovered weapons and explosives during the offensive.
Separately, two insurgents were killed in the Sholgar district of northern Balkh province, police spokesman Sherjan Durrani said.
In central Maidan Wardak, officials claimed recovering hundreds of kilograms of explosives. The governor’s spokesman Attaullah Khogyani said security forces conducted operation in the Baghak locality of Sayyedabad district.
At least 343 kilograms of drugs, 17 boxes of machine gun bullets, seven RPG and 12 bottles of liquid had been required during the operations.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.