16 insurgents perished in Kandahar offensive
KANDAHAR CITY (Pajhwok): At least 16 militants were killed in Afghan security forces operation in the Maiwand district of southern Kandahar province on Friday, the governor’s spokesman said.
Zia Durrani told Pajhwok Afghan News that 16 militants had been perished in Bawar operation launched by the joint Afghan forces in the district. The offensive, he said was still underway in the area and the security forces recovered huge arms and ammunition from the rebels.
Civilians and security forces remained unhurt in the operation, he said. Jan Agha, the police chief for Maiwand district, said that apart from the killing of insurgents and recovering of ammunition, the security forces had destroyed a number of drug production factories.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.