2 rebels dead, 7 security men injured
PUL-I-ALAM/JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Two rebels were killed and eight Afghan security personnel wounded in different security incidents in eastern Nangarhar and central Logar provinces on Tuesday, officials said.
Khalilullah Kamal, administrative chief of Charkh district, told Pajhwok Afghan News that insurgents stormed the district headquarters building and some security posts early in the morning.
Three Afghan National Army (ANA) soldiers and four Afghan National Police (ANP) members were wounded in the clashes, he said, adding heavy losses had been inflicted on militants.
Reinforcements had been sent in to the area, where gunbattle was still underway, he added.
Separately, the Nangarhar police spokesman said International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) carried out airstrikes in Khogyani district in the afternoon.
Maj. Hazrat Hussain Mashriqiwal said two militants had been killed and another wounded in the air raid. The slain militants were involved in anti-state activities and attacks on police.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.