2 women gunned down in Kunduz; killers escape
KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): Two women have been shot dead in separate incidents of violence in northern Kunduz province, an official said on Sunday.
Nahid Saifi, the women affairs director, told Pajhwok Afghan News Farah Naz, 25, a resident of the third municipality district, was shot dead by her husband Saturday night.
The incident happened due to a family dispute, she said, adding that Naz left behind four kids and her husband had been able to run away.
Separately, another 40 years old woman was killed by her step-son in Khanabad district. The governor's spokesman, Abdul Wasi Basil, said the killer had escaped from the scene, but police had launched a search for him.
So far this year, seven women have been killed in separate incidents of violence in Kunduz, indicating a surge in violence against females.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.