20 injured in blast on buzkashi ground
PUL-I-KHUMRI (Pajhwok): A powerful blast ripped through a crowd watching a buzkashi competition in northern Baghlan province on Tuesday afternoon, injuring 20 people, including three children, police said.
The bomb had been planted on the playground in Baghlan-i-Markazi district and it went off in the middle of the sport soon after 4pm, Baghlan police spokesman Javed Basharat told Pajhwok Afghan News.
He said the injured included three children, two policemen and 15 spectators. He said some of the injured taken to the provincial civil hospital were in critical condition
Five of the injured were discharged after treatment at the district hospital, said Bashrat, who blamed the incident on the insurgents.
However, there has been no claim of responsibility for the blast that took place two years after a suicide bomber attacked a buzkashi game in the Imam Sahib district of northern Kunduz province, killing 11 people, including father and a brother of Wolesi Jirga speaker.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.