21 rebels dead in Kunduz airstrikes
KUNDUZ (Pajhwok): At least 21 insurgents were killed as a result of Afghan National Army (ANA) airstrikes in Imam Saheb district of northern Kunduz province, an official said Wednesday.
Amanuddin Quraishi, the towns’ administrative chief, told Pajhwok Afghan News the bombardment was carried out by the ANA helicopters in Taza Loqa locality.
He said key Taliban figures were among the dead but their identities could not be ascertained. Quraishi added the joint clearing operations in the district were halted for time being.
Kunduz governor last week said at least 100 insurgents and 14 security personnel had been killed in Imam Sahib district some days back.
Some families displaced due to these operations said their number had reached to 2,000 and were living in harsh condition in the provincial capital and other districts.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.