3 rebels killed in Chaparhar clash
JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Security forces repulsed group attacks from militants on posts in the Chaparhar district of eastern Nangarhar province, leaving three militants dead, officials said on Monday.
Ahmad Zia Abdulzai, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News the brazen attacks started last night at around 10: 00 pm and lasted until 12:30 am.
The militants, he said, attacked the Ghaurabad check post with a car bomb, which left three insurgents dead and seven others, including two policemen, wounded.
Hazrat Hussain Mashriqwal, the police spokesman, said four policemen had been injured in the exchange of gunfire while another four militants were killed in the clash.
Taliban claimed credit for the attack, with the group’s spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid claiming 12 policemen had been killed and wounded in the clash.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.