4 civilians killed in Nangarhar incidents
JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Four civilians were killed during two separate incidents of violence in eastern Nangarhar province on Friday, officials said.
Three young men were shot dead in the Sepai area of Batikot district inside a hujra, where they had been held hostage, the district chief said.
Haji Ghalib told Pajhwok Afghan News police had cordoned off the area and had so far detained 40 local residents in the triple murder case.
He said an investigation into the incident was underway to ascertain identities of the victims and the motive behind their murder. Owner of the hujra had fled, he said.
Also on Friday, one person was killed in a bomb blast in the provincial capital, Jalalabad.
The blast took place near the Public Health Square at around 3pm, the governor’s spokesman, Ahmad Zia Abdulzai, told Pajhwok Afghan News.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.