5 civilians dead in Khogyani gun attack
JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Five civilians including children were killed and two others injured on Friday morning when gunmen opened fire on a car in eastern Nangarhar province, an official said.
Ahmad Zia Abdulzai, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News the car carrying seven people came under gunfire on the Kabul-Jalalabad highway in Khogyani district at about 6am.
Dr. Noor Agha, the Khogyani Civil Hospital head, confirmed the bodies of three children had been evacuated to the facility from Bazidkhel area -- the incident site. Another two children were wounded, he added.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.