5 dead in Uruzgan, Zabul violence
QALAT/TARINKOT (Pajhwok): Five people, including a child, have been killed and nine others wounded in different security incidents in central Uruzgan and southern Zabul provinces, officials said Friday.
Dost Mohammad Nayyab, spokesman of Uruzgan governor, told Pajhwok Afghan News insurgents planted explosives in front of the house of a local elder.
The device exploded with a big bang in Khar Karez locality early in the morning, leaving his 13-year old son dead instantly.
In a road mishap close to Tarinkot City, a number of people were killed and wounded. Khan Agha Miankhel, director of provincial hospital, said five wounded, two of them women, had been admitted to the hospital.
In Zabul province, the 205 military corps said three insurgents were killed and four others wounded in security forces operation launched in Athghar district of the province.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.