8 rebels killed in Kunduz offensive
KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): Eight militants were killed and six others wounded during a military offensive in the Chahar Dara district of northern Kunduz province, an official said on Sunday.
Maj. Gen. Ghulam Haidar, the Afghan National Army’s 209th Shaheen Military Crops commander in the northern zone, told Pajhwok Afghan News that the operation codenamed Shaheen-II had been launched in the district to drive militants.
He said several villages, including Yatim, Nahir Sufi, Qala Zaib Bala and Payen and others, had so far been cleared of rebels during the offensive.
But Zabihullah Mujahid, a Taliban spokesman, claimed the fighters attacked the district headquarters, causing casualties to security forces and destroying a military tank.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.