Civilian among 6 dead in Nangarhar offensive, blast
JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Five militants have been killed and eight others wounded in anti-insurgents offensive launched in Srarud district of eastern Nangarhar province, police spokesman said Thursday.
Maj. Hazrat Hussain Mashriqiwal told Pajhwok Afghan News that Afghan security forces conducted anti-rebels operation late Wednesday in Krrako area of the district.
The militants were involved in attacks on security forces in the area, he said, adding that a number of bombs had been defused during the course of offensive.
Separately, a bomb fixed to a police vehicle in Jalalabad, the provincial capital, went-off, leaving one person dead and another wounded. A doctor at the hospital confirmed receiving one dead and another injured.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.