Civilian killed in 2nd suicide attack on NATO troops
JALALABAD (Pajhwok): NATO-led troops came under a second car suicide bombing hours apart the first such attack in the capital of eastern Nangarhar on Thursday, an official said.
A civilian was killed in the blast that took place in Lasama Weyala area of Jalalabad City, also leaving the attacker dead, local police spokesman said.
Hazrat Hussain Mashraqiwal told Pajhwok Afghan News the civilian was moving behind the suicide bomber’s car.
There were no casualties among the foreign troops in the attack that occurred at around 12:30pm. The attacker was in a Surf model car.
A doctor at the civil hospital in Jalalabad said they had been delivered one wounded person.
But an eyewitness Naeemullah said one foreign soldier was wounded in the attack involving a Mazda vehicle.
The attack took place few hours apart an earlier similar attack that targeted an ISAF convoy in the Ring Road area of Jalalabad.
Only the attacker was killed in the previous bombing that occurred at about 8am in the Famil area.
Officials said a military vehicle of foreign troops was destroyed in the first attack. ISAF confirmed the first suicide attack, but said the personnel suffered no casualties.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.