Daudzai announces plans to strengthen police
KABUL (Pajhwok): Acting Interior Minister Mohammad Omar Daudzai on Tuesday announced two five-year plans for strengthening the Afghan police.
The first five-year plan between 2014 and 2018 and the second between 2019 and 2024 would help minimise casualties among security forces and corruption, Daudzai told an advisory council of national police.
He said coordination between NATO and Afghan forces was on track and in some instances, there had been joint operations against the enemy.
“In the previous administration, there were restrictions on night raids and seeking help from international forces, but the national unity government has brought to normal the conditions,” he added.
Daudzai assured that international forces would continue supporting Afghan forces even after 2014.
Last year, 145,000 international forces took part in counter insurgency operations and the numbers reduced to 33,000 this year, he said.
The minister also informed that joint operations were underway in northern Kunduz province against militants over the past three days.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.