Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Ex-jihadi leaders denied cabinet posts: Ismail Khan

Ex-jihadi leaders denied cabinet posts: Ismail Khan

Jan 17, 2015 - 21:12

HERAT CITY (Pajhwok): Former jihadiinfo-icon leader and minister Mohammad Ismail Khan on Saturday said it was a matter of grave concern that ex-communists outnumbered mujahideeninfo-icon in the new cabinet.

Speaking at a press conference in the capital of western Herat province, the then energy and water minister said the cabinet lacked professional individuals and jihadi figures.

He added former jihadi leaders had been denied key portfolios, which were instead doled out to communists, suggesting people like Ustad Abdul Rab Rassoul Sayyaf, Bismillah Khan Mohammadi and Mohammad Yunus Qanoni should have been introduced as ministers-designate.

He estimated that 25 percent of votes in the presidential elections had been cast in the western zone, which had been given inadequate representation in the Council of Ministers.

“Mujahideen, who sacrificed a lot for this country, have been denied cabinet posts,” Khan lamented, urging the international community to support a government that represented all Afghans.

The former water and energy minister insisted he meant to bring peace and stability to the country by demanding cabinet posts for the ex-jihadis.

The unity government has named 25 cabinet ministers, who are expected to appear before the lower house for a vote of confidence in three days.

Khan repeated his last week’s remarks that new insurgent groups, particularly the Islamic State, would launch their activities in Afghanistaninfo-icon over the next two months.

Three days ago, 207th Zafar Military Corps Commander Gen. Taj Mohammad had said they have received reports about the presence of IS fighters in neighbouring Farah province. He added security forces were investigating the reports.

Ismail Khan claimed the security situation in Afghanistan had deteriorated and the incumbent government lacked the ability to counter the IS threat. He said the Afghans should fully cooperate with their government in eliminating such threats.


Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.



Twitter Update