Gas cylinder leakage, cold claim four lives in Herat
HERAT CITY (Pajhwok): Two people died of inhaling gas leaked from a kitchen stove at their home and another two --- a father and his son --- lost their lives to cold in western Herat province, an official said on Saturday.
Mohammad Rafique Sherzai, a spokesman for the central hospital in Herat City, told Pajhwok Afghan News an elderly man and a 26-year-old woman had died after inhaling gas in Bikerabad area of the city last night.
The father and his son died of freezing cold weather conditions in the Pashton Zarghon district and their bodies were found and brought to the hospital by police, he said. Relatives of the deceased are yet to turn up.
It was for the first time harsh weather claimed lives this winter in Herat, where the temperatures have been plummeting over the past one week, with heavy snow covering most areas, especially mountainous.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.