Jundullah militants surrender in Kunduz
KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): Eight militants with links to the Jundullah group have surrendered to authorities in the Imam Sahib district of northern Kunduz province, an official said on Tuesday.
Gen. Ghulam Mustafa Mohseni, the Kunduz provincial police chief, told Pajhwok Afghan News the network members, who had been active in the north, joined the peace process on Monday.
While renouncing the insurgency, the men surrendered eight weapons, including a 82-mm cannon, two rocket launchers, two Kalashnikov assault rifles and as many pistols.
He said the group has joined the reconciliation process as a result of negotiations with the Kunduz Peace Committee. Omer Khel, head of the committee, confirmed the outfit had long been in talks with them.
Now that they have accepted the government’s writ, the individuals will be provided jobs and security, according to the peace negotiator.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.