Khost PC starts functioning after prolonged feud
KHOST CITY (Pajhwok): The Khost provincial council on Wednesday formally started functioning after a dispute lasting three months over the administrative board’s elections.
The council members first entered a dispute over the administrative board election and then split into two groups over the election of their senatorial candidate.
However, the differences came to an end four days ago and the council formally launched its activities on Wednesday, promising to properly discharge their responsibilities.
Council head Amirullah Zarah Suwand said they would respect people’s mandate and would perform their duty in accordance with the rules and regulations.
He hoped the provincial council would be able serve residents and help resolve their problems.
The council’s secretary, Janmir Zazai said: “We want to be loyal to our promises and do our job seriously.”
Khost Ulema Council member Mualvi Shah Muhammad voiced his support for the provincial council and promised cooperation with the public representatives in finding solution to people’s problems.
Residents had been asking the council members to shun their differences and start working for people’s welfare.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.