Khost residents announce support to security forces
KHOST CITY (Pajhwok): A number of people in southeastern Khost province announced support to Afghan security forces, the acting governor said on Monday.
Abdul Jabbar Naeemi urged participants of a gathering arranged to show solidarity with Afghan forces that the masses should back their security forces in the province.
The gathering was attended by senior military, civil officials, tribal elders, youth and religious leaders. He lauded the professionalism of security forces and said they were able to face all challenges.
“The personnel of Afghan security forces are sons of the soil. They are our brothers and we want you to support them through thick and thin,” Naeemi remarked.
Some anti-state elements had launched negative propaganda against the security forces, he lamented, saying people should come forward to counter nefarious designs of the enemy.
Brig. Gen. Mohammad Nasir Hidayat, commander of first Afghan National Army (ANA) crops, told the gathering that security forces had been equipped with all advanced weapons.
The ANA, he said, had close coordination with other forces and had the ability to face any challenge efficiently.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.