Nangarhar University entry test process kicks off
JALALABAD (Pajhwok): As many as 12,720 high school graduates, including 1,254 females, have started appearing in the university entry test in the coming three days in Jalalabad, the capital of eastern Nangarhar province, an official said on Sunday.
Chancellor Dr. Mohammad Tahir Inayat told Pajhwok Afghan News preparations for the exams had been completed and the test would be conducted in three phases.
He said the Nangarhar University had the capacity to enroll 4,000 new students. A commission has been formed to ensure the process is conducted without any cause for complaints.
Meanwhile, candidates expressed deep concerns over transparency of the process. Amina, who appeared in last exams, said: “Those who have money and power could pass the test and get admissions to faculties of their choice.”
But the chancellor made it clear that all illegal ways for passing the test had been blocked. He said irresponsible people would not be allowed to interfere in the exams.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.