Oath-taking ceremony arrangements finalised
KABUL (Pajhwok): All arrangements for the oath-taking ceremony of the newly-elected president slated for Monday (Sept 29) have been finalised and invitations sent to the heads of friendly countries to attend the event, an official said on Monday.
Dr. Sadiq Mudabir, who heads the commission tasked with making arrangements for the swearing-in ceremony, said President Hamid Karzai in consultations with former jihadi leaders had decided to hold the next president’s oath-taking ceremony on Sept 29.
Mudabir said all preparations for the long-awaited event planned at the Presidential Palace had been completed.
He said the commission’s four committees had been working over the past one week to set the stage for the new president’s inauguration.
Meanwhile, Ministry of Interior (MoI) spokesman Siddiqui Siddique said the security plan chalked out for the Martyrs Week had been extended and all security personnel had been advised to hold on at their positions.
He assured the oath-taking ceremony would pass off peacefully as security forces had been on high alert.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.