Over 2,000 sit entrance exam in Kandahar
KANDAHAR CITY (Pajhwok): More than 2,000 high school graduates, including 400 females, on Saturday appeared in the university entry test in southern Kandahar province, an official said.
Students from Helmand, Zabul and Uruzgan provinces also sat in the exam, Kandahar University Chancellor Hazrat Mir Totakhel told Pajhwok Afghan News.
He said the number of students taking the test had increased, calling it a positive sign. However, he said Kandahar still lagged behind other provinces in area of higher education.
Acting Governor Tooryalai Weesa and a delegation from Kabul were present at the examination site.
Weesa said he was delighted to see a large number of students, including females, appearing in the test to find their way to higher education institutes.
He said the entry test process in Kandahar had been transparent and students provided with all necessary arrangements.
Ewaz Nazari, an official of the provincial education department, said there had been multiple problems in the exam last year because the participating students lacked awareness about selection of subjects.
He said this year students had undergone necessary preparation courses ahead of the exam in order to avoid last year’s mistakes.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.