Paghman gang rape: Appeal court proceedings begin
KABUL (Pajhwok): A court of appeal on Monday began an open trial of seven convicts in the Paghman gang rape case, an official said.
The men had been accused of looting passengers and sexually assaulting four women after intercepting vehicles on the main road in Paghman.
The Attorney General Office (AGO) had said that 10 people were involved in the rape case and seven of them had been arrested so far.
Azizullah, Mustafa, Nazar Mohammad, Samiullah, Qaisullah, Safiullah and Jamil were subsequently handed death sentences by the primary court.
The court of appeal launched proceedings in the case at 10am in Kabul, where a number of relatives the affected, civil society activists and media representatives were present.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.