Suspected rebels dead in Nangarhar drone strike
JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Three suspected militants have been killed in a US drone strike in the Achin district of eastern Nangarhar province, a police spokesman said on Tuesday.
Col. Hazrat Hussain Mashriqiwal confirmed the unmanned drone attack, saying insurgent commander Attiqullah and his aide had been injured.
He told Pajhwok Afghan News Afghan security forces conducted a clearing operations in Haska Mina district and purged most parts of the town of insurgents.
At least nine militants were killed in the offensive, he added. Three security check posts, he said, had been established to bolster security and maintain the gains of the operation.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.