Turkey condemns attack, renews anti-terror stance
KABUL (Pajhwok): Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu condemned the suicide attack targeting a Turkish embassy vehicle in Kabul on Thursday, a statement said.
Earlier on Thursday morning, a Turkish soldier and an Afghan civilian were killed and a second Afghan civilian was wounded when a suicide bomber in a car targeted a Turkish forces convoy in the heavily-fortified capital Kabul on Thursday, security officials said.
Lt. Gen. Abdur Rahman Rahimi, Kabul police chief, told reporters the attack was carried through a Corolla car that left one Turkish soldier and one Afghan passer-by dead.
Davutoğlu said: “Turkey will never give up its determined stance in fighting against terrorism to ensure peace and stability in Afghanistan and will continue to support democracy.”
Speaking at a meeting organized for governors, Davutoğlu noted that the perpetrators have made various statements about the real target of the attacks, saying that Turkey and Turkish people were not the target. "Regardless of its form, Turkey curses the ones who carried out this flagrant attack. Turkey expects the perpetrators to receive punishment for their heinous act.”
The Turkish Prime Minister touched upon the importance of establishing security while addressing governors throughout Turkey and said that the government cannot entrust the streets to masked vandals who kill innocent civilians.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.