Woman dead in Kunduz rocket strike
KUNDUZ CITY (Pajhwok): A woman was killed and four others, including two children, were wounded as a result of a rocket attack in northeastern Kunduz province, an official said Sunday.
Officials said the rocket was fired during a clash between armed commanders in Shorab Bandar area of Khanabad district this morning.
Hayatullah Amiri, the district chief, told Pajhwok Afghan News a woman was killed and her two children were wounded when a rocket hit her house.
Amiri said the clash had been ongoing for the past six days between two commanders and there was no action from security forces to defuse the tension.
On Friday, two people were also killed and six others wounded during a clash between the commanders.
Officials said more than 3,000 illegal armed men were active in the Khanabad district of Kunduz, but the government did nothing to disarm them.
Lt. Col. Syed Jahangir Karamat, the police chief, said that police had been working on an inclusive plan to disarm the groups.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.