Khost protesters end week-long strike
KHOST CITY (Pajhwok): Following assurances by the visiting delegation from Kabul, the protesters in the southeastern Khost province on Monday ended their strike they launched against the acting Governor Abdul Jabbar Naeemi.
Ikramullah Khpalwak, chairman of the delegation, while addressing a press conference said that the tents the protesters erected outside the governor’s house had been removed.
A written agreement had been signed with the demonstrators that a joint commission comprised security, intelligence officials and judiciary would investigate the devastating suicide attack.
“The commission will in contact with the president who will take action against the perpetrators of the attack,” he added.
A detailed report, he said regarding administrative corruption in the province would be shared with the president. However, he did not touch the thorny issue of regarding the fate of acting Governor Abdul Jabbar Naeemi but said the president would take concrete steps to address demands of the people..
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.