4 civilians dead, 5 abducted in latest bout of violence
GHAZNI CITY/KANDAHAR CITY/KHOST CITY (Pajhwok): Four civilians were killed and five others abducted by gunmen in southern Kandahar and southeastern Khost provinces, officials said Thursday.
Two persons were killed and four others detained during a night raid by security forces on a house in Tarazi and Alisher districts of southeastern Khost province.
District Chief Eng. Khalil said the operation took place Wednesday night in the Spini Pali locality on the house of former mayor Sher Mohammad.
The official, however, did not have more details about the overnight operation, but said that helicopters were hovering over the area, which should that the raid was carried out by foreign forces.
However, foreign troops stationed in Khost and other government institutions in the province have not spoken on the incident.
In southern Kandahar, father and his son were killed during infighting between residents of Nagahan locality in Arghandab district. The governor’s spokesman Samim Khapalwak said the killers had been arrested by police and were being interrogated.
Gunmen kidnapped five people from the Arjistan district of southern Ghazni province, an official said on Thursday. The abducted individuals were the residents of Malistan district who were on their way to their hometown.
Zamin Ali Hidayat, the town’s administrative chief, said security forces had arrested Taliban Commander Mullah Abdullah along with his six associates during a clearing operation in Jaghori district. In retaliation, the rebels kidnapped five civilians and demanding prisoners swap.
A statement from the spy service said the detainee confessed obtaining fake documents of pharmacy against 48,000 afghanis.
The accused, Mohammad Masood, is the resident of 8th police district of Kabul and head of the Asia Private Pharmacy Institute.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.