4 dead in Ghor gas asphyxiation incident
MAIMANA (Pajhwok): Four persons have been killed due to gas asphyxiation inside a well in the Ghormach district of western Ghor province, an official said on Thursday.
Ahmad Farhad, head of local councils, told Pajhwok Afghan News the individuals fell unconscious due to gas filled in the well.
The residents said they pulled out bodies of unconscious of individuals from the well and shifted them to the hospital where doctors pronounced them dead.
Ahmad Javed Baidar, the governor’s spokesman, said the incident took place inside a house of Ghosuddin Pahlawan in Shadizai village.
The slain individuals were family members of Ghousuddin who wanted to turn on generator in the well.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.