12 militants dead in separate operations: MoI
KABUL (Pajhwok): At least 12 militants have been killed and score others wounded in separate anti-insurgents offensives across the country during the past two days, a statement from the Ministry of Interior (MoI) said Friday.
The statement, sent to Pajhwok Afghan News, said the operations had been carried out in Kunar, Takhar, Kunduz, Faryab, Jawzjan, Kandahar, Zabul, Wardak, Ghazni, Herat, Badghis and Helmand provinces.
The offensives, it said were conducted in collaboration with Afghan National Army (ANA).
During firefight with insurgents, four rebels were arrested and huge arms cache seized by Afghan security forces.
The operations, the statement said, were aimed at purging different areas of anti-state elements.
In addition, police defused and neutralized several mines planted by militants in Parwan. The Ministry of Interior accused Taliban for planting mines and roadside bombs, which often caused civilians’ casualties.
However, Taliban have not yet commented on the offensives.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.