17 rebels dead in Nangarhar drone strikes
JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Seventeen militants were killed in two drone strikes in Momandara district of eastern Nangarhar on Monday night, an official said Tuesday.
Maj Hazrat Hussain Mashriqiwal, Nangarhar police spokesman, told Pajhwok afghan News the attack took place in Landey Baswal area of the district.
A notorious militants’ commander Dawood were among the dead insurgents.
He said militants were planning to stage attack on main Torkham Highway but they came under unmanned aircraft attack.
Ulfatullah, a local resident, said: “I heard loud explosion and they came to know that militants had been targeted. Soon after the first attack, rebels came to collect bodies of their colleagues when another they came under another attack. More than 15 militants are killed in the two missile attack.”
However, the district chief refused to comment on the attack.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.