100-bed military hospital inaugurated in east
JALALABAD (Pajhwok): A 100-bed military hospital was inaugurated on Monday after its completion in eastern Nangarhar province.
The US and NATO have jointly funded the $25 million project for the Afghan National Army’s 201st Selab Military Corps to facilitate treatment of injured service members.
Health affairs commander at the Ministry of Defence, Maj. Gen. Dr. Abdul Razzaq Seyawash, told Pajhwok Afghan News on the sidelines of the hospital’s inauguration that the hospital took two years to complete.
He said the hospital was equipped with modern facilities to provide better treatment to soldiers when they needed.
He said civilians getting injured in security incidents and traffic accidents would also be treated in the military hospital, but not those suffering from common diseases.
“All sections of the hospital are ready to function. Its administrative affairs are 80 percent complete and the staff will be completed in a month time. The hospital is ready for all kinds of surgical operations.”
Maj. Gen. Mohammad Zaman Waziri, the 201st Selab Military commander, said injured troops would previously receive treatment in civil hospitals in the eastern zone.”
“We would take injured soldiers in Nuristan province to Kunar, then Nangarhar and if critical to Kabul for treatment, but now this problem has been resolved,” he said.
He said international standard machines had been installed in the new hospital, where injured soldiers would receive better treatment.
“This hospital is not for military personnel only, it will in the service of intelligence, police and all security personnel. we thank the US and NATO for assisting the project.”
Gen. Waziri also thanked officials of civil hospitals for treating soldiers and other security officials during the past 13 years and said civilians would also benefit from the military hospital.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.