Uruzgan fight leaves 4 policemen, 6 rebels dead
TRINKOT (Pajhwok): Four policemen and six rebels have been killed in the ensuing clashes after militants stormed security forces on Monday night in Khas Uruzgan district in central Uruzgan province, an official said on Tuesday.
Dost Mohammad Nayab, spokesman for the acting governor, told Pajhwok Afghan News that Taliban were pushed back from the area and the situations were now under control of security forces.
Mohammad Ismail, Charchino district chief, said militants mounted attack on security check posts in Sarab area. Fresh reinforcement had been dispatched to the area in the ongoing battle.
Taliban did not say a word regarding Char Chino battle but claimed three police check posts had been captured and heavy casualties were inflicted on security forces.
Qari Yousuf Ahmadi, Taliban spokesman, said only one fighter was killed and two others wounded in the gun battle.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.