Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Women among 6 civilians killed in Kandahar blast

Security & Crime


Women among 6 civilians killed in Kandahar blast

Jun 06, 2015 - 10:51

KANDAHAR CITY (Pajhwok): At least six civilians including four womeninfo-icon have been killed in a roadside bombing in Shah Walikot district of southern Kandahar province, an official said Saturday.

The incident took place when a civilian car hit by a roadside bomb in Taghrok area of the district on Friday evening, governor’s spokesman Samim Khpalwak told Pajhwok Afghan News.

He said that four women and two men belonged to the same family were killed in the incident. The bomb was planted by Talibaninfo-icon militants.

However, rebels did not comment on the incident so far.

Elsewhere in the province, two rebels were killed when they stormed a police post in the capital of Kandahar last night.

Kandahar police spokesman Zia Durani said that two rebels with one of them wore suicide vest attacked a police post in the 15th police district.

Police quickly reacted against the attackers and shot both of them to death, he added.

The police seized three bombs and a Kalashnikov while the dead bodies of the militants were in the area, he said.

Police suffered no casualties in the attack.


Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.



Twitter Update