7 killed in Nangarhar drone strike
JALALABAD (Pajhwok): A drone strike killed at least seven armed rebels in Lalpur district of eastern Nangarhar province, an official said on Tuesday.
Col Hazrat Hussain Mashraqiwal, police spokesperson, told Pajhwok Afghan News armed rebels were killed in Samso locality between Lalpur and Bati kot districts.
Haji Ghalib, district chief, said five dead bodies were brought yesterday evening and another one this morning to the district centre. Sparghay, a prominent rebel commander and resident of Bati kot, was also among the dead.
Five of the killed persons were Bati Kot High School students who were taken for military training by the slain commanders, he added. Sparghay, Ghalib said was with Afghan Taliban who later joined the Islamic State (IS) group.
Asif Shinwari, education department spokesperson, confirmed the death of four high school students in the drone strike. Two of the killed were graduated this year, Shinwari added.
Armed rebels have not commented so far about the incident.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.