Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Farah operation leaves 17 insurgents dead

Farah operation leaves 17 insurgents dead

Jul 04, 2015 - 14:42

FARAH CITY (Pajhwok): Officials said 17 militants have been killed during a clearing operation in the Gulistan district of western Farah province.

Mohammad Hanif Rezaee, spokesman of the 207th Zaffar Military Corps, told Pajhwok Afghan News the offensive by Afghan commandos has been underway in the district from the past three days.

He said 17 insurgents were killed and 13 others wounded during the operation carried out in Shah Toot, Baqal and Awlar villages of the district that were seized by Talibaninfo-icon.

Rezaee said all villages were recaptured by security forces after defeating rebels in the operation.

The corpses of militants were handed over to the Afghan Red Crescent Societyinfo-icon to deliver onward to the victims’ families, he said.

Two machine guns, five Kalashnikovs, a walkie-talkie and 27 remote control bombs were also seized from the militants, Rezaee added.

Taliban did not comment on the incident so far.

Gulistan is one of the unstable districts of Farah where most of the areas were being controlled by insurgents.



Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.



Twitter Update