22 companies barred from taking part in bidding
KABUL (Pajhwok): The National Procurement Commission (NPC) on Monday barred 22 construction, logistics and business companies from participating in bidding process after finding them presenting fake documents.
NPC Chairman Yama Yari told journalists the companies earlier had presented phony documents for obtaining contracts.
According to NPC, the construction companies barred from bidding process included Afghan Lara, Saifi Group, Wahid Zia, Fazil Bari Jamalzai, 24, Unified, Hewad Safir, Hanzala Badghis, Alten Bina, Parhoon, Nabi Afghan, Herolkai, State Sheen, Khaliqi and Yamgan.
Logistics companies such as Saifi Group, Sultan Safi, Golden Sky, Ashraf Farid Ltd, Elham Group, Hunar Naser Ltd and Kabul Afghan Sabz were also barred from taking part in any bidding process.
Yama Yari said the decision was taken after a special committee evaluated the companies’ documents.
Decision about the fate of the companies would be taken after further assessment, Yari added. If the companies could not prove innocence they would be blacklisted from one to five years and if their crime was heavy they would be introduced to Attorney General Office (AGO).
Sayed Mahmood Sadaat, procurement head of “24” construction company, said: “Our company is not small to present fake documents. This is a conspiracy against us by the NPC and other government officials.”
The NPC was formed in February and has been tasked to evaluate the government contracts.
Yama Yari said more than 300 contracts have so far been evaluated by the commission, out of which 175 have been approved, saving eight billion afghanis.
In addition, the NPC has also worked on amendment of procurement law, providing policies, and plans for creation of a national procurement institute.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.