Daesh branch in Nangarhar dismantled: Muslimyar
KABUL (Pajhwok): Expressing concern over the presence of Islamic State (IS) fighters in parts of country, Senate Chairman Fazal Hadi Muslimyar said on Sunday the terrorist group was on the verge of being dismantled in eastern Nangarhar province.
Speaking about the deteriorating security situation of the country, he said heavy clashes had been reported in some districts of Nangarhar between IS and Taliban fighters recently. Achin, Ghanikhel, Deh Bala, Nazyan, Kot and Batikot districts have suffered due to fierce clashes.
Muslimyar, however, said the IS had suffered huge losses at the hands oF the security forces and drone strikes, leaving their notorious commanders dead and wounded. He urged the government to adopt an inclusive security policy and implement it throughout the country.
Nisar Haris, a lawmaker, alleged foreigners had the ability to target key members of IS in the east, but the government had yet to initiate practical steps to wipe out fighters of the terrorist groups.
The National Directorate of Security (NDS) said Hafiz Saeed Khan, a top leader of the self-styled Daesh group, was killed along with 30 fighters on Friday evening in a coordinated assault in Achin district.
The NDS claimed having authentic reports of a Daesh presence in Takht area and sharing the information with foreign troops. After coordination, the NDS said a drone fired a missile at the target.
Lutfullah, a lawmaker from Nangarhar province, welcomed peace talks between Afghan government and Taliban representatives and urged the continuity of the process without any secret deal that protected Pakistan’s interests.
Muslimyar said the Afghans pinned great hopes on the process leading to durable peace in the country.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.