27 civilians dead, 10 injured in Khost suicide attack (Video)
KHOST (Pajhwok): At least 27 civilians were killed and 10 others wounded on Sunday when a suicide bomber ploughed his explosives-laden car into a police check-post close to an American military base in the capital of southeastern Khost province, officials said.
The attack took place at around 6: 30 pm in the vicinity of old airport locality near the US Forward Operating Base Chapman. An official at the Khost Civil Hospital told Pajhwok Afghan News 20 dead bodies and 10 wounded people had been brought to the hospital.
All the casualties were civilians, he added. Police said over ten dead bodies had been shifted to a medical centre. Ismail, giving an eyewitness account, said the suicide attacker crashed his explosives-laden car into the check-post of special forces.
Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.