Pajhwok Services

Photo Service

SMS News Service

Pajhwok combines its expertise and experience in news reporting with a telecom firm and thus reach a wider audience in an 
effective way.

To subscribe: 
English News Update : Send 83 to 824
Dari News Update : Send 84 to 824
Pashto News Update : Send 85 to 824

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

14 dead as Taliban-IS clashes resume in Nangarhar

14 dead as Taliban-IS clashes resume in Nangarhar

Jul 14, 2015 - 14:27

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): At least nine militants were killed and another 11 wounded during a latest fighting between the Daesh and Talibaninfo-icon fighters in the Chaparhar district of eastern Nangarhar province, police said on Tuesday.

Nangarhar police spokesman Col. Hazrat Hussain Mashriqiwal told Pajhwok Afghan News the clashes broke out a day earlier in the Sholain area a day after the two groups clashed in the Achin district’s Mamond village.

The clash in Achin also left five fighters killed, he said, taking the latest death toll to 14.

Hundreds of fighters from both the sides have so far been killed and wounded during clashes between them over the past four months in different areas. Several militant commanders had also been killed in drone strikes in recent months.

Residents of Spin Ghar district had complained to Governor Salim Khan Kunduzi about civilian casualties in the IS-Taliban clashes, urging him to protect civilians.

They told the governor during a meeting that three civilians had been killed, several homes torched and a large number of families displaced in the Mamond Dara area due to the clashes.

One of them, Malak Osman, a tribal elder, urged the provincial administration to protect civilians in the Spin Ghar district and provide emergency relief supplies to the displaced families in the Achin district.

The governor said he had emergency meetings with government and non-governmental organisations to discuss the situation of the displaced families. He said donor agencies and the refugee department had promised conducting a survey and providing relief goods to the uprooted families.

Kunduzi said the two warring groups were anti-state and the Afghan forces had intensified ground and air operations against them and were ready to carry out a major operation against the two groups.

The governor said security forces had been directed to pay special attention to protecting lives and properties of local residents.


Related Article

Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.



Twitter Update